*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you purchase an item your price stays the same, but I make a small commission to help run my blog. See more information here.*
Bottoms Up! Bone Broth Recipe Round UpI am frequently asked if I have a bone broth recipe on my blog. It's not a crazy question. Bone broth is probably one of the most basic foundations of eating on the Autoimmune Protocol and for very good reason. There are tons of benefits to daily bone broth consumption and gelatin and collagen supplementation. But there are also lots and lots of great articles and recipes within the AIP community and beyond. So instead of beating a dead horse to the ground, I'm supplying you with a pretty thorough round up of recipes and sources of more information.
For me personally, I don't really follow a strict recipe. Some people prefer making their broths with roasted bones, and some prefer making it with raw bones. Some people prefer using veggies, and others say nay. Some argue for the use of an acid like vinegar in the broth, while some say it doesn't matter. Honestly, I don't think there is a right or wrong way to make broth. You have the basic formulation: bones and water. Then tweak everything from there and figure out what works for you! That's why there are SO MANY different ways to make it.
I can tell you all about my personal preferences. But that's all they are. I like my broths with bones unroasted with a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar for chicken or poultry OR red wine vinegar for beef. I also prefer to skip the veggies AND the salt to make a "stock". The stock has barely any flavor which means I can use it in recipes savory AND sweet for the most flexibility.
I will also say that sometimes it's just hard to get your broth in. That's why I'm also personally a big fan of gelatin and collagen supplementation whether I'm using bone broth daily or not. They are great with helping with controlling inflammation. I prefer to use the following brand.
You can read why I prefer Vital Proteins over other brands in my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie post.
And now for the list of recipes and articles, in no particular order...
Bone Broth Recipe Roundup
- Healing Foods: Bone Broth by Phoenix Helix
- Instant Pot Bone Broth Tutorial by Phoenix Helix
- Slow Cooked Beef Marrow Bone Broth by Beyond the Bite
- How to Make Bone Broth by It's Me, Charlotte
- Pressure Cooker Bone Broth by Autoimmune Paleo
- Soupaholic by Heal Me in the Kitchen
- 12 Hour Slow Cooker Chicken Broth by Comfort Bites
- Slow Cooker Beef Broth by Comfort Bites
- Nourishing Bone Broth Made Easy by Gutsy by Nature
- Chicken Bone Broth by Salixisme
- Turkey Leftovers (Broth) by Salixisme
- Ham Bone Broth by Salixisme
- Bone Broth Tutorials by Don't Eat the Spatula (YouTube Videos)
- Watercress, Pork & Pear Bone Broth by Provincial Paleo
- Bone Broth by Petra8Paleo
- Chicken Bone Broth by The Paleo Mom
- An In-Depth Look at Making Bone Broth by Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
- Homemade Chicken Broth by Fresh Tart
- Slow Cooker Bone Broth by Paleo Cajun Lady
- Chicken Bone Broth by A Clean Plate
- How to Make a Soothing and Nourishing Bone Broth by Nutrionista
Benefits of Gelatin/Collagen
- The Health Benefits of Bone Broth by The Paleo Mom
- Check out the Lamb Jello by Adventures in Partaking
- Can Bone Broth/Gelatine Cause Bloating? by Paleo PI
- The Difference Between Gelatin and Collagen by Hollywood Homestead
- How Bone Broths Support Your Adrenals, Bones and Teeth by Nourished Kitchen